Thursday, July 5, 2007

weeks in review

We have been busy busy busy since we returned from Hawaii. I realized while in Hawaii how important it is for Charlie and I to be around people and friends. So my quest has been to get Charlie and I involved in some sort of play group or Mommy and Me type thing. I found out that The Little Gym and Gymboree offer free trial classes in our area so Charlie and I were all over it. We did the trial at The Little Gym first. Charlie totally loved it. He had so much fun and there were a lot of kids and nice moms in the class so we were stoked. Next we tried Gymboree, it was ok, except there was only 1 other kid in the class that we tried and it was a lot more intense. They would bring something out for the kids to play with and before Charlie could enjoy it, it was time to put it away and bring something else out to play with. Plus The Little Gym is HUGE cpmpared to Gymboree. So we joined The Little Gym, it's a little pricey but totally worth it for our situation. Another plus is it's right up the block from us so we can walk there. I'm going to try to take pictures while we are there soon, so stay tuned.
Other happenings in our neck of the woods........Will's mom had a garage sale which inspired us to get rid of some junk we've been holding on to, and also let us find some treasures. Will found his old Zodiac boat that he used in High School, so he's very excited to take Charlie and I out on it up the river. So we got Charlie a life vest to keep him extra safe, we tried it on and he surprisingly liked it (for like 2 minutes and then he was over it) but at least I got this cute picture of him wearing it................
On Sunday we went to our old neighborhood, Port Jefferson Village, and went for a walk on the docks. Charlie loved looking at the boats and was even saying "Ba" for boats! We love Port Jeff and hope to some day move back there.
We also realized how huge Charlie is getting and that his shoes are getting really snug. I didn't feel like spending a lot of money on shoes for him right now so we took a trip to Target and found these stylish trainers on the sale rack, not a bad deal. I can't believe how fast his feet are growing and I also can't believe no one told me that I'd be buying new shoes every 2-3 months. Charlie was very excited to get his new sneaks on when we got home.
He also thought it would be nice to do some cleaning while breaking in his new shoes!

The other day Charlie took a big long nap and woke up with some crazy bed head, so we worked with it and sported a mohawk! It was pretty awesome!

After intense playing on the couch, the mohawk lost its mojo.

So that's the latest with us. We didn't do much on the 4th of July. Charlie and I went for a walk with our new jogging stroller (oh yeah, I got a new jogging stroller by the way). Then we took a bike ride with Daddy and later on that day we went to grandpa's house and blew off some fireworks. Charlie loved them! He got a little nervous with the initial boom but was astounded when he would look up and saw the beautiful colors. I forgot my camera so we don't have pictures of that event. I hope everyone had a safe holiday!!!

No comments: