Monday, April 7, 2008
Adding Info
So there has been a lot of hype about autism and vaccines and all that garbage lately, and I find that a lot of people have been asking me for information and inquiring about what to do. When I meet a new person, wherever I may be, and share my occupation as well as being a mom of a 2 year old typical boy, I find this topic always comes up. "What did you do about the shots? Did he get the MMR?" Well, I can't tell anyone what to do, I can only share what I did with Charlie and encourage everyone to educate themselves. Charlie did have a few shots, not all of them, they were spaced out, he only had ones by specific manufacturers (all thimerosal free, not even a trace, because by the way a lot of shots do still have thimerosal in them and it's not just the MMR to worry about!), and he still has not recieved the MMR (in case you were wondering). This is a topic I can go on and on about forever so I'll cease it now before I get carried away. It's a scary world we live in and we can only be pro-active with our lives and our children's. We have to make important decisions as parents. I believe it is very important for us to educate ourselves and make informed decisions before following the pack and doing what every other parent is doing. I've found in the past week, at Charlie's gym class 2 mom's, my neighbor up the block, and a mom I met at a bridal shower all asked for some of my info on vaccines and autism. So, I decided I would make a list of links for anyone else who would like to check it out (why I didn't think of this before, I'm not sure) So to the left there is a list of links about Vaccine info, and below that some Autism links. Of course there is so much info out there, but these are the ones on my favorites list and I do check periodicly. They seem to be the most knowledgeble with accurate info from reputable sites. Hope this helps some of you new moms, old moms and future moms!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment