Thursday, September 17, 2009
My Mistake
Today I took the boys to the Halloween store. Charlie has been getting pretty excited about the holiday since recieving his first Halloween Costume catalog back in August. So we decided to take a visit to the one by the mall. What a mistake that was!! Every Halloween store I have ever visited has been a big room with bags of costumes plastered all over the walls. Well, of course the store I chose to go to was set up as if it were a Haunted House. There were ghouls and goblins, webs and tombstones, mummies and zombies, things moving and banging, not to mention the lovely music and smoke machines to set the ambience. Poor Charlie wanted to find a Batman costume so bad, he didn't want to leave. But I promised him we would look for a Batman costume and I didn't want to deal with a temper tantrum amongst all the creepy dead things in there, so we stayed. Of course, they strategically put all the kid and baby costumes on the opposite side of the entrance tucked in a corner. Yes, they had his costume there, but we looked and left. I probably should have never brought him in to begin with, and I am sure Will and I will be paying for it tonight (and probably the next few nights) when he won't go to sleep or wakes up scared. So I had a "bad mom" day, should've followed my gut. So to all my Mommy friends of little ones, do yourself a favor, order online! If the kids want to see Halloween stuff, maybe visit the Halloween aisle at the grocery store or Target.
By the way, Luke will be Charlie's little sidekick...Robin. (Although I am still trying to convince Charlie to be a Firefighter so Luke can be a Dalmation puppy, purely for my pleasure, because I think Luke would be the cutest puppy ever) Batman and Robin very cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment